Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm Just Going to Admit This...

... I'm a comment whore. There, I said it.

Not much activity here on the blog this week. Part of that is because it was a crazy busy week, followed by a near-migraine. Every once in a while, my body says, "You have been putting me through too much. I demand you rest for a day." So that was yesterday.

But the sluggish blogging is also due to very few comments. I'll be honest, I thought I would be famous by now. I read a few weeks ago, how "The Pioneer Woman" blog is going to be turned into a movie starring Reese Witherspoon. I have never been to this "Pioneer Woman" blog, but my wife has told me about it. I could see John Krasinski in the lead role of Census Guy, while I sip beverages with little umbrellas while I lounge poolside.

But I'm slowly realize how elusive fame is and how these blogs need entire weeks to build into phenomena. So in the meantime, I can be placated by the hundreds of comments I receive every day. What? Unrealistic? Ok, how about the dozens of comments? No? How about 5? Would FIVE be too much to ask?

I mean, really, most of my posts shamelessly pander for comments, asking for your imput. But even when I put vitally crucial (crucially vital?) decisions in your hand, such as should The Test villain have a mustache or a monocle, I only get one reply!!!??? As my little blogging sister so eloquently put it, "Comments are my candy." They also validate that what I'm doing here is being seen by others and getting the word out about the census. And it lets me know that I'm funny/interesting to more people than just me, my wife, and my little blogging sister. So if you want more Renoir musings or Lost essays, send me some candy.

Perhaps I should check out this "Pioneer Woman" blog to see what makes her so successful...

So, who would play YOU if your blog were turned into a movie?

16 comments:

  1. Jenna Fishcer couldn't play my wife. That would be too obvious of casting. But what about Jane Krakowski (30 Rocks' Jenna)???? It would be great if only to see Krasinski and Krawkowski on the movie poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Krasinski would make a GREAT you!!!! Who would play me? No earthly idea...but definitely something to ponder.

    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comments are side-notes for me - helpful but not necessary. Maybe that's how I view life, though, I'll do my own thing and not worry about what you think of it!

    In any case, this is my first post of yours that I have read (sorry - the blogs about babies and mommies are more "my thing" right now - I don't have to think about them - just smile and enjoy). I look forward to more fun and I will be sure to leave a comment, even if it merely a stamp that yes, I indeed was here.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And another thing - you have followers - that alone says something. I don't think anyone "follows" my blog. Course, I really just have it set up to so I can pull it up at Grandma's house and say "look, here are some pics of what we have been up to" (yes, she technically could do that any time, but you know how that generation is - some of them are not technologically savy).

    ReplyDelete
  5. And while I was writing that last comment I decided it would be funny to right a third with even less content. So here it is.

    Be careful what you wish for!! (I could post obscenities you know! - course that would mean I would have to learn some - and possibly how to spell that word :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, Ronald McDonald was the first person I thought of when it came to who could play me, simply because the year Michelle and I dressed as each other for Halloween the wig she wore bore a striking resemblance to the clown of the golden arches.

    I do not have any real suggestions for who would play me if my blog were turned into a movie, but it wouldn't really matter since there are seldom pictures or any real content about me on there (or any real content at all as of late). It's just about pics of my cute kids and the occasional recipe I feel like sharing. I also don't watch TV, so there is a whole slew of actresses out there that I have no exposure to. Therefore I will allow you, Census Guy, to choose the actress that best embodies the essence of Elizabeth. My only suggestion would be that her name be Henrietta if at all possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And sorry for the lack of comments. I appreciate the comments you've put on my weeks old posts. I try to only comment when I don't have girls climbing all over me, so that is my reasoning for being silent as of late. And I've never seen an episode of Lost *gasp!* so while I did read that post, it was kinda lost on me (I'm grinning to myself right now). I appreciate all the thought you put into it though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first I when I started blogging I pretty much sat by my computer until someone commented and then jumped in glee all around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. but then I realzied that I often read others blogs and enjoyed many posts but the for various reasons hardly ever made an actual comment.
    It's too bad there's not a tool to extract the comments from my mind directly into the blog...
    or at least not yet...

    ReplyDelete
  10. now, I just obsess over my blog stats and stop wondering why I have no comments, especially on days where the hits climb into the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just blog for yourself and know that I and apparently others do enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. and just to make it even, here's your 12th comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. jennifer garner of course. i've already contacted her-she's on board. slated for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elizabeth, She is quite fetching.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2068465/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary Elizabeth, I will keep in mind that you like mothering blog posts and try to work that in sometime soon. Also, I have tried to become a follower of your blog, but there is no "become a follower" button. How do I do it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simplemama, another blog naive question: How do you view your stats? How do you know how many hits you have?

    ReplyDelete

Visits