Monday, April 12, 2010

Who Would YOU Like Me to Recruit Next to Work for the U.S. Census (Theoretically)

Good evening, blog readers. In my attempt to get the word out about these fine American jobs, I have striven to not just provide you with cold, hard facts, no matter how alluring they might be. No, that would be tiresome, and you would quickly cease in making return visits. No, my bloggees, I have tried to deliver the good news with some pizzazz. And in doing so, we have posed some very beguiling questions about potential census workers. We've looked at the strong suits and debated the merits of Grandma Moses, Renoir, and entire casts of the TGIF lineup.

In writing these articles, I came across an amazing amount of information, which I sought to distill to its essence for you. In the process, I gained some knowledge as well. I am a man who is interested by a diverse array of topics, including art and 90's sitcoms. But I don't want to be selfish. I've realized that my researching skills might come in handy for other people. Perhaps you've always wanted to know more about Tchaikovsky's music? Perhaps you've always wanted to know how to pronounce Tchaikovsky? Perhaps you've always wondered if Tchaikovsky would make a good census worker. Whichever category you fall under, I could be the servant that pulls back that curtain and lets the morning sunlight of information pour over you!

There are so many people out there, living and dead, that could make inspiring examples for census workers! Satchel Paige, Harry Houdini, Susan B. Anthony, Jimmy Stewart, Ella Fitzgerald, that guy from the Old Spice commercial that is on a horse. So many possibilities!

So I'm turning to you, my loyal readers. You have always been there for me, through thick and thin, rain or shine, ever since this blog was created. Now, allow me to be there for you. Who would you like to know more about? What historical or fictional character have you always been intrigued by? Keep in mind that this offer could be especially useful to any of you college students getting ready for research papers. Perhaps if I scratch your back (find the perfect Pablo Neruda quote for your introductory paragraph) you'll scratch mine (and apply to be among the noble and elite census workers!)

So tell me, who should get the Census Guy treatment next?

4 comments:

  1. Jack Bauer...however he is unavailable, fictional, and overqualified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Poppins (how original of me) She is British though, so I don't know if that takes her out of the running or not.

    And I didn't realize Old Navy and Old Spice both had commercials with guys on horses... or that you could even get an Old Navy mannequin on a horse. Morning sunlight of information, let me bask in your warming glow!

    (I do believe the morning sunlight of information is also making me a bit sarcastic, my apologies)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohhh..I'm envisioning a future post right now: Who would make a better Census Worker: Jack Bauer, Dwight Schrute or Mary Poppins? Thanks Greg and Elizabeth!

    Elizabeth-thank you for noticing my mistake! I've corrected it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it would broaden your horizons to explore some 80's shows for census working characters. a few suggestions: Simon & Simon (dad & uncle dave watched this one i believe), Airwolf, A-team just to name a few favorites:)

    ReplyDelete

Visits