Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Five! Adorable Younguns and a Freaky Senior Citizen

I was pretty busy last night, working for the census and then watching 3 episodes of 24. So I was just going to change the date on my post information to make it APPEAR like I did this last night, but that wouldn't be honest, and the census is all about honesty. Lucky for you, I found a video today that should perfectly conclude this post. You'll have to wait a tad for that though. Don't you dare just scroll down to the last video. That would be cheating. We have important things to discuss first.

What would YouTube be without adorable children? But here's my real question of the day: Who is the greatest of these YouTube children? And how weird is it going to be for these kids in a few years knowing that millions of people have watched a home video of you? The census is devoted to recording every member of the family from young to old, so here are my nominations for the top 4 Best Kid Videos and the Indisputable Freakiest Senior Video.

Charlie and Harry are actually the most watched video on YouTube, and rightfully so. This video makes me want to attempt to always speak in a British accent around our new baby, just so she will speak with a British accent. Another question of curiosity: Is there anyone who has NOT seen this video? Seriously, I'm going to ask my mom to see if she has. If my dad has seen it, then we can be assured that every American has viewed it.


This girl cracks me up. And worries me just a little. (This clip gets loud)


Classic.


Possibly my favorite. So hard to choose. But I really feel like this some days, when people just don't get the urgency of what I'm trying to explain.


Honorable mention to David after Dentist, the Star Wars girl and those quadruplets that keep laughing at their dad. Any contenders you think I missed?
I am not a big fan of videos of kids saying things they shouldn't like the little girl kicking the monster's ask, the boy telling his mom he doesn't like her all the time, only when she gives him cookies, and the little boy saying firetruck. Also it worries me what music parents let their children listen to. The kid that dances to Low has some awesome moves, but how is this suitable music for children???

And now what you've been waiting for. This was put on YouTube earlier this week, from an Australian news program, and it and its various incarnations are on their way to a million views. I can't decide whether the man or the wife's subdued reaction is more funny.



I don't care how much you pay me-if I went to this man's house to get his census and he was on the lawn making that sound, even if he was chained up, there is no way I would approach.

4 comments:

  1. how do you know charlie's brother's name is harry?! i've always speculated that his name is henry, but that's just because i like those names together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (i just now watched the senior video. i was so interested in the harry issue that i jumped staight to comment.)

    ummmm, i hate to point this out, but this is soooooooooooooooo you and jackie in 50 years. well, jackie will be prettier, but i think she's alrady mastered the "calm no matter what he does" face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mary, to answer your first comments (because I am going to ignore your RUDE second comment) there are other YouTube videos where BBC reporters interview the "youtube sensation family".

    Also, some disturbing news: Yesterday when I looked, Lady Gaga's Bad Romance music video has overtaken Charlie Bit My Finger as the most watched video. A sad, sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I needed the laughs this morning. (and I think I laughed at Mary's comment almost as much as the video)

    ReplyDelete

Visits