Sunday, April 11, 2010

Reason #3: Fresh Air

Ahhhh... beautiful spring. Finally here, wrapping us in her warm embrace, pressing us to her life-filled bosom. Bunnies scampering playfully across purple clover-speckled meadows. Leaves hatching from their buds and gently unfurling their green raiments. Poets writing adjective-overloaded sentences. Ahhhhh...spring. Breath in that sumptuous vernal oxygen.

What? You CAN'T??? Because you're in a CUBICLE??? And instead you're inhaling a mixture of office aromas? (Right nostril: Phyllis's cinnamon scented candle on an electric candle warmer. Left nostril: Beets.) Well then, perhaps you, my friend, could use a reprieve from your current line of work. Wouldn't you be happier being a forest ranger, or a poultry farmer, or a CENSUS WORKER!!!???

Just the other day, I found myself navigating the streets of a new midwestern town, soaking up the sunlight while I stapled up posters on telephone poles. It was beautiful. And I thought, "I am glad I have this job right now." Sure, I've endured a few wet, chilly, windy days in my short census tenure, but those frigid days of yore have already been outnumbered by the (synonym check for warm) clement days of spring. So whether it is going door to door meeing fine American citizens (and illegal aliens-we census takers don't judge!) or getting the word out about great jobs with your velocipede, there is plenty of fresh air to be had for all with the U.S. Census! Call that number! And work in the great outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visits